The second cycle of studies at the Faculty of Administration in Sarajevo is founded with the purpose of mandatory reforms in public and private sectors in BiH, pursuant to the following documents necessary for obtaining the European Union membership:
- Madrid EU membership criterion laid down by the European Council in 1995 referring to administrative requirements, that is, the compliance of state administration with EU standards and norms for the purpose of successful implementation of the 1993 Copenhagen criteria establishing political, economic and legal criteria for future members;
- a draft Council’s Decision on principles, priorities and conditions of the European Partnership with BiH delivered by the European Commission in November 2007, which defines a reformed public administration in BiH as one of six short-term and long –term priorities for integration of our country into EU.
- Through the second study cycle, the Faculty of Public Administration aspires to become an academic factor and contributor to the progress of BiH in satisfying European requirements and priorities.
- assuring continuous progress in adoption of European Standards (EN) Second Cycle
Organizing the second cycle of studies in the ADMNISTRATION, the Faculty of Administration demonstrates its long-term commitment to:
- Organizing, conducting, developing and contributing to higher education and scientific and research work in the domain of public administration, banking system, business and management of small and medium companies in the national economy.
- Highly professional and research training of young specialists, students, researches through advanced training and practice, as well as other activities (specialized and other seminars, workshops, forums, scientific and public debates, meetings, conferences and gatherings, etc.)
- Advanced training, practical training, researches, designing strategies, plans and programs aimed at introduction of experienced EU institutions into public administration, banking, business operations of economic entities in BiH;
- Conducting analysis and research of public administration, banking sector, level of market competition stability and creating of a single economic space, publishing and editing of activity reports;
- Academic and professional participation in the coming application of EU legislation (acquis communitaire) and adoption of legal regulations harmonized with future European legal and business developments, and monitoring effects of their practical application in BiH;
- Cooperation with national and international universities, faculties, institutes and other organizations in the same or related fields;
- Implementation and work on all national and international projects providing, contributing and promoting the establishment of a quality, qualified , professional, transparent public and private sector;
- Strengthening of the rule of law, law-governed state, free and market competition in modern capitalism and democracy, and
- all other activities enhancing development and quality of higher education in BiH
- Implementation of the 2006 Public Administration Reform Strategy and Action Plan and revised 2010 Action Plan;
- Strengthening of administrative capacities in preparation for implementation of the Stabilization and Association Agreement (SAA);
- strengthening of regional cooperation and friendly relations, promotion of tolerance and creation of European identity;
- designing of anti-corruption programs and promotion of codes of ethics, efficiency, cost-effectiveness and transparency in all fields of operation.
Recognizing the standards of contemporary higher education, this study program should ensure such level of professional knowledge, methodological skills and professional competence to Masters of Administration, securing their quality and professional engagement in operation of state administration bodies and institutions exercising public authority, other public services and managements of other organizations and associations, along with professional performance of their job.
This study is intended for students who completed the four-year first study cycle and achieved 240 ECTS, or the students who completed study according to the pre- Bologna curricula.